Sunday, October 28, 2007
What defines torture ?
As of now Michael Mukasey has not yet been confirmed as our country's next attorney general. The reason is because he has not yet given in his own words what he believes torture to be, especially concerning whether or not waterboarding (it makes a person feels like he is drowning) constitutes torture. It either is or it isn't though. Personally, I believe it is. Anytime you're not sure what is or isn't torture, just ask yourself whether or not you would want it to happen to you and I think that will give you a pretty good idea. I like how congress is putting the pressure on a very coy Mukasey. His tiptoeing around the subject just makes me sick. If he thinks he can just talk congress and the public around in circles then he doesn't deserve to the position.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I do not know much about our attorney general, but from this description he doesn't seem like a very honorable person. However, just because someone doesn't mean its torture, for instance, i hate to spend my time in the library, does that mean its torture? ... actually nvm.
We do not torture, said George W. Bush. We just simulate drowning, tear people away from their families, and do "advanced interrogation" techniques that have been proven not to even work. I feel so sorry for myself sometimes that I live in a country where the government is so incredibly corrupt and full of liars.
it goes beyond what one believe's torture is. what about if ur for torture? there's always talk about being for or not for the death penalty, the same shouyld be for torture. some heinous crimes commited shouldn't give the commiters the ability to die a peiceful deth, there are those who suffered and continue to surfer from it.
Post a Comment